Hiroshima is regarded as the "World's Peace Capital” and is home to remarkable attractions. From world heritage sites, known shrines and temples to museums and culture and entertainment, this city has much to see.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- HIROSHIMA PEACE MEMORIAL PARK: A memorial park in the centre of the city, made in the memory of victims of nuclear attack.
- THE ISLAND SHRINE OF ITSUKUSHIMA: Popularly called Miyajima, its Japan's most visited coastal sites. It’s great fun to spend time exploring the island.
- HIROSHIMA PEACE MEMORIAL MUSEUM: This museum preserves and show cases victim’s possessions such as pictures and other stuff.
- HIROSHIMA CASTLE: Also known as Castle of Carp, it’s main keep is five stories tall and its ground is surrounded by a moat.
- SHUKKEI-EN GARDEN: On the banks of Ota River, is a historic Japanese garden. The highlight is simply walking its many garden trails and traversing its bridges while enjoying pools and streams.
- THE MITAKI-DERA AND FUDOIN TEMPLE: One of the most attractive Temple, located at the foot of Mount Mitak is worth visiting.
- HIROSHIMA CITY ASA ZOOLOGICAL PARK: Located at city's suburbs, the zoo is fun spot for animal lovers with over 170 species. Take a ride on special evening safari held throughout the summers.
WHERE TO STAY:
- SHERATON GRAND HOTEL HIROSHIMA: Luxury hotel with excellent location and large rooms is a great choice for stay.
- RIHGA ROYAL HOTEL HIROSHIMA: A 4-star hotel, with superb city views, indoor pool and whirlpool.
- HOTEL GRANVIA HIROSHIMA: Steps away from the railway station, has a great decor and a mouth-watering breakfast.
- URBAIN HIROSHIMA EXECUTIVE: Compact rooms, complementary breakfast and self-service laundry is a great package for those with low budget.
Come visit the city to be spellbound with it's hospitality.